Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Conquered the Mountain

One of my goals last year was to hike to the top of Roxyanne.  Well today, I finally did it.  My daughter is here visiting and has been working out with me and her mother in law Lisa. She has been helping me set up a great exercise program.  Today she called and said lets climb Roxyanne!  Sort of seemed like a big deal to me and to be honest I have been procrastinating that little milestone of my journey.
 I like to tell my kids that hard is not a synonym with bad.  Today "hard" was a synonym with "wonderful". (Well at least now that I ran the hot water heater dry and took an ibuprofen)
It feels so good to do physical things
I am grateful she suggested it.  It was really quite difficult and I might not have made it if she wasn't there to push. But I did!  Not really sure why I haven't done these kinds of things more through out my life. 
So if you are like me and have a tendency to avoid hard stuff.
Pick one hard thing and do it today. It will be totally worth it!


 

1 comment: