Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true." Anon.

"When dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird which cannot fly

I have been thinking about the concept of Dreaming quite a bit lately.  It all started a couple of weeks ago when I was shopping with a friend.  I picked up a really cute Pea-coat in a Medium, and said "I can't wait till I can wear cute things like this"  And I totally meant the size!  I don't think that my friend meant to speak out loud.  But she muttered under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear "In your dreams" and yes it was in that tone.... She immediately  realized that she had spoke out loud and started apologizing.....To be honest I felt bad for her.  I then spent the next few days trying to decide whether I was offended or not.... I chose not. I love my friend, and I know she has a kind heart...And the reality is that I have not been a size 10...ever. I am pretty sure I went from a girls size 14 to a juniors 13. 
But back to the concept of Dreaming.  Over the next few days I ran across stories, poems and quotes about Dreams.  People who had achieved things that were impossible.  And lets be real.  We live in a world that was completely inconceivable 100 years ago... Well except by the dreamers.  
I have children who dream... And have followed their dreams.  
I know people who have achieved great things.  All of these things began with dreams. 
So yes.... In my dreams I will be size 10.   
               In my goals I will be size 10 next summer
How do I do this.....Follow the plan.  Do the work.  
Think I will go dream about some other stuff too....... Happy family, Travel, Laughing with my Grandkids...hmm....

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to see the post of you a size 10 outfit!!!!! Keep dreaming and working!!!! You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete