Monday, April 23, 2012

Eat your Veggies!


One of the best gifts and biggest surprises I received from doing this program is my new found enjoyment of food!
That's right. I like food more! I need it less---- but I like it more.
I am not referring to the foods I used to use to squelch emotions, I am referring to those wonderful foods that Heavenly Father has presented in abundance to nourish and energize us.
Okay, I will admit it for all of my crazy...binge eating, sneaking tastes..etc. I have been pretty picky.
But what I have learned as my pallet has been cleansed, is that the taste of healthy vegetables and lean meats is amazingly good.
I have watched my families taste change as well.
For instance: Jacob wanted lots of Brussels sprouts and “a really good salad” with his birthday dinner!!! That’s right! brussel sprouts! How cool is that?!
Speaking of that change, People have asked how I do the program with my family. Well I serve lean and green dinners. I started out trying to just modify what we were already having, but I rarely do this anymore. I will once in a while, but not often. They have granola and cereal for breakfast, bread and tortilla's available for lunches. They also get plenty of junk food and “treats” from outside sources. Believe me there is no shortage of sugar, fats or simple carbs in their lives. So if dinner is healthy lean and green, they will not suffer. And guess what. They actually like real food more as well. Also they are eating more fruits and veggies through out the day....crazy. Who'd of though?

I'll admit this has not been an instant or even quick change. It has been gradual. As we have incorporated this simple healthy habit into life, we have watched the unhealthy habits start to fade away........




But not these guys! 
Try this recipe: Its great!

Balsamic Chicken Salad

Yield
Servings
Prep time5 minutes
TagsGreen

Description

Balsamic goodness.

Ingredients

1⁄4cBalsamic Vinegar (Get the good stuff; 20 calories)
1THorseradish (Koops horseradish mustard; 0 calories)
1tGarlic (crushed; 0 calories)
2tSplenda (< 5 calories)
2TWater

Instructions

Whisk to blend. Toss with warm roasted shredded chicken breast and put on top of salad made with cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and green onions. Drizzle "a little" more dressing over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment