Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Can You Help Me Please?

Can You Help Me Please? 

It has been quite a while since I blogged. Sorry about that. 
 I have had a lot of excuses for my procrastination, but my favorite excuse, ( I have been so busy having a blast) was recently taken from me, so I decided to get back to it. Oh and of coarse: I need your help!

First let me explain.


As many of you know I have sort of a “Non” Bucket list going. (You know, Things I want to do now that I am busy living and not busy dying)
So on July 30th I was in McCall with my sister and had the opportunity to something that was extremely important to me. WATER SKI! I loved skiing as a kid, but the last time I tried I couldn't pull my weight out of the water, I blamed it on carpel tunnel for years, but we all know the real reason. So I was anxious to try again without 120 lbs I have shed. I had visions of skiing across the lake, tears of joy streaming down my face; but instead I was left bobbing in the water, crying in pain. I had hyper-extended my knee, resulting in a lateral fracture of the tibial plateau with compression...
Long story short, I had surgery last Thursday, and now have at least 8more weeks of recovery. The first of which has been rough at best. That said: On to the positive!

Eight weeks isn't that long, right? Sigh.....
And yes I am sitting on my bum......
Stuck in my house.....struggling even to get to the restroom...
Oh wait...I said on to the positive...

GOALS!

 That’s what this is going to be about! Eight weeks of glorious growth! (and shrinking)
After all, I am going to be challenged anyway! Might as well build some heart muscle...both physical and emotional!
So I have set some SMART goals: (This is a great technique if you are not familiar with the acronym it means : Specific --- Measurable--- Achievable---Realistic---Time oriented ) I have used this concept before, but have really honed this type of goal since working the Habits of Health. (Education side of my weight loss program)

The help I need.

But since this is already going to be a challenging time I am asking for more help. [I know, I know, I am already the queen of needy!]  But what I am asking is simple accountability. I need you my friends to simply know what one of my goals is and hold me to the actions and behaviors I will need to adhere to,in order to reach it. Also if you are interested, I would love to have anyone join me with their own 8 week goals and we can reach together! If it is weigh loss related check out my website behealthywithkaren.net  [Yes,I know that was shameless] 
Anyway, I now have my right arm raised and am committing to posting my progress here weekly...I promise!

So here goes:
 The Goal!

Lose 20 lbs more in these 8 weeks and reduce my flags (upper arms) by at least an inch.
This is a hefty goal, being off my feet but I am confident I can do it if I stay totally on program, 
       Oh! and I found an upper body only cardio workout, that will help with both of these goals.check it out if you have a broken leg too:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtrciwU4Fbo&playnext=1&list=PL280FB4270D0E4F35&feature=results_main

I have also set other goals, including some serious reading and education goals, and I am committing to finally getting that Health Coach Certification completed! I'll let you know how that is going too!

Thanks for all the love and support I have already received by the way! I love you all!

Karen

3 comments:

  1. Love it Karen. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cool! Miss you tons! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of how all your shirts will be fitting! Smile! Now it is down till 13 days, till the girls leave. I will set some new goals then, for now I am just trying to maintain, but I am holding you accountable to your goals through the whole 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete