Monday, August 27, 2012

I love having a coach! She is saving my life. 

This is her before and after picture.  She lost 83 lbs on this program and has kept it off for the last year and a half. 

Last week I had to travel out of town 3 days in a row for my job. At the end of the three days I had an achy leg and was so exhausted. I hadn't slept well etc. etc.. But I didn't really notice this. What I did notice was that food was calling me. I kept hobbling into the kitchen and finding a “healthy snack” Which started adding up, and I finally called my coach. She reviewed what I was doing and pointed out that I was not craving carbs..... I was craving energy. Her advise: “Go take a nap” Which I did., I have since  payed more attention to getting the sleep I need. Ended up taking a nap the next day too....Miracle of Miracle cravings are gone and I am back on program!

I knew this principle. I have studied the Habits of Health and read about the importance of good sleep when trying to lose weight (And stay healthy) But in the moment I did not recognize the problem. I just wanted to eat....
Having a coach who was looking at the problem with more objectivity was so helpful, and I am so grateful that I have her to help me get to my goal!!  And it is so cool helping others by doing the same.

So how did I do this last week. Obviously had a couple of bad days, but over all have been on program, and feel like I am making progress. However, I don't seem to be able to get a weight. Because I can only stand on one leg, my scale gives me error messages, I will let you know as soon as I get a number... 
Still working on the goal!  
Thanks for those who are working on their goals with me as well!  We shall succeed!!!  
 

1 comment:

  1. So woke up at 3:00am, now 5:30, quess I should try to go back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete